Fuel/Delivery Charges set up in Inform is versatile and customizable. Follow these steps to create a Fuel/Delivery Charge which is automatically applied to sales orders.
- Set up a Miscellaneous Charge.
- Navigate to File > Company > Master.
- Locate the Fuel Charge Misc Charge Code.
- Type the miscellaneous code from step 1.
- Set up the Miscellaneous Charge Program.
In this example the fuel surcharge is applied to all customers, and all orders less than $500 dollars with a Ship Via.
- Select the Auto Misc Charge check box to allocate the charge to a Ship Via.
When an order meets the criteria for the Fuel Charge, it is automatically applied. The charge can be manually removed from an order, as necessary.
You can also remove a Fuel Charge from the Truck Manifest.
The Fuel Surcharge appears on the Shipment Confirmation.