You can use the Cash Receipts Posting screen to issue a credit to a customer account instead of creating an invoice credit.
- Navigate to Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Cash Receipts Posting.
- Type or search for the customer being credited.
- Type a unique Check Number.
- For Amount, type 0.
- Click Adjustments.
- On the Overall Adjustment pop-up, for Adjustment, type the amount the customer is being credited.
Note: Enter a positive amount. Do not enter a negative (-) number.
- Select the Adj G/L account.
Note: The credit amount is displayed as the Balance Left.
- Click Save.
- On the Balance Remaining pop-up, click Apply On Account.
The credit is applied to the customer account.