Inform WMS enhancements are included in the v23 release. Continue reading below for a full breakdown of what's in store for the warehouse management system.
Advance Ship Notices
Starting a receiver from ASN is easier than ever. The inbound list is now grouped by vendor and sorted by the most recent. Furthermore, you can now preview the packing list prior to adding the ASN to the receiver with the F3-List option. You'll also find a multi-select option allowing for multiple ASN's to be added to a single receiver simultaneously.
For those maintaining serial numbers in inventory, these can be bypassed with the WMS Option to Preload Serials on ASN. When enabled, the serials from the vendor are "pre-scanned", allowing for a much faster receiving for larger pieces of equipment.
Bins can be prioritized with the new Building field available in the Bins setup. Pickers will be sent to "buildings" in sequence to deplete available inventory (even if the primary bin is not in that building). This is useful if inventory is kept in multiple buildings that are part of the same warehouse. Alternatively, this can be used to set priority locations. For example, during a busy season excess stock could be picked from first, ahead of the normal stock from the shelf.
Work Order Picking has been enhanced as well, revamped to allow for real-time updating, along with a standardized look and feel to match sales order and transfer picking.
Receiving & Putaway
A new PO Allocation prompt has been added to the receiver update. If a product is being received is on multiple orders, the allocation will allow for quantities to be distributed against each unique order.
Also new is the ability to set a primary bin during Bin Transfer. Just before scanning the To Bin use the F2-Primary option and this location will become the primary (controlled via existing Access Level WMS CHANGE PRIMARY BIN).
Tracking inbound serial numbers is now available per warehouse (instead of company wide). Furthermore, to allow for immediate use without the need to add all serials to existing stock, we've added the ability to add new serials during order picking. The pickers will be prompted that the serial isn't part of existing stock, but can choose to add it on-the-fly. This allows for greater flexibility until 100% accuracy can be achieved.
Cycle counts also have options to allow for serial variances and to preload serials into the count, allowing staff to focus on the actual counting without having to rescan each serial. If you are thinking about changing your serial workflow, please contact DDI Support for full review of your settings and best practices.
- Advance Ship Notices: Pieces count calculation has been improved to match what the vendor sent.
- Bulk Receiver: The F1-Inbound list has been redesigned for standard PO's, to group by vendor and allow for multi-selection (similar to the ASN workflow).
- Bulk Receiver: Limit decimal entry with Company Master setting WMS - Max Number of Decimals in Bulk Receiver.
- Cycle Count: Inform's Physical Inventory will now allow for new serial numbers to be added when keying in data (for companies maintaining serials).
- Picking: Assembly components can now be F4-BO, which will backorder the entire assembly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- To learn what version you currently have, see What's my version?
- To learn about system requirements for installation and upgrade, see Hardware and system recommendations for Inform ERP.