This article will detail the process necessary to enable filtering on your eCommerce Pro website by interacting with Attributes associated with your Products.
From the Magento dashboard, click Stores and under Attributes click Product.
- To edit the attribute that you would like listed in the filters on the left side of product pages, simply select the attribute by clicking on it.
- On the next page, click on Storefront Properties from the Attribute Information tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Doing so will allow you to interact with settings related to the display on the front-end of the website.
- There are two options here that need to be set. The first is Use in Layered Navigation. If you would like to display the attribute as filterable, select Filterable (with results) from the drop down.
- The second option is Use in Search Results Layered Navigation. This will allow the attribute to display as a filterable when products are being found through search. If you would like to display the attribute as filterable from search, select Yes from the drop down.
- When you are done, click Save Attribute from the upper right-hand corner of the page.