Inform now has the ability to split payment from a POS customer and an on account customer on the fly in the sales order entry screen. As more and more contractors have clients that wish to pick out their own products, we have added the ability to split the payment from the client to the contractor in the POS sales order entry screen.
In this example, we will discuss how a contractor can send their customer to your store and purchase their own supplies while splitting a portion of the bill off to the contractor and paying for the rest via a POS transaction.
- Navigate to File > Customer > Master, then click the Setup tab and the General subtab.
- Edit the customer account for the contractor.
Check off POS Allowance.
- Click Save.
When a contractor sends their customer (the homeowner) in to pick out their own supplies, often the contractor will tell the homeowner how much of an allowance they have or how much they already have factored into their job. The customer can then pick out their items, pay for their portion, and split the allowance to the contractor's account. In this example, we will walk through this process.
- Create an order under the homeowner's account.
- Enter all of the line items as usual and proceed to check out.
- Check off the POS checkbox, this will open an Allowances option on the Final tab.
- Navigate to the Final tab and click the Allowances subtab.
- Enter the allowance customer. This should be the contractor you will bill the allowance to.
Enter the amount of the allowance.
- This will adjust the Net Due from the homeowner.
- Navigate back to the Invoice Totals tab.
Take POS payment for the Net Due from the customer, depositing the balance if items are backordered.
- An invoice will be created for your customer (the homeowner).
- Once you have collected payment and items are ready to ship, navigate back to the Allowances tab and click Bill Allowance.
- An invoice will be created on the Allowance customers account, in this case the contractor, and your order will complete.