Transferring items from multiple warehouses to fulfill an order can be done all in one step from the sales order entry screen. Enter your on the fly warehouse transfers by while entering your sales order to link the order to the transfer and give it higher priority in backorder release by following the steps below.
- Once you have created an order, highlight the item you need to transfer and click on the procurement tab.
- Click the P/O Type dropdown and select Stock Transfer
- You can add a different shipping warehouse if these items will be shipping from another location once the transfer is completed.
- Additionally, you can add a promise date if you need this fulfilled by a certain day.
- Click on the Add Stock Transfer button to add a transfer.
- Enter the transfer from warehouse and the quantity you would like to transfer to your shipping warehouse. repeat this step until you have generated a transfer for all items you wish to receive.
- Click on the comments box to enter any information related to this transfer, this will print as a special instruction on the stock transfer.
- The status is system generated and will update as the stock transfer moves through the fulfilment process.
- Once you Save your order, the stock transfer will be created and generated for your transfer from warehouse(s).