You can now easily add a one-time rebate cost to an item through the sales order entry screen. This feature will temporarily add the item to an existing contract and remove it immediately after so it will not affect any other orders. The one-time rebate will apply and be listed with your regular rebate reporting. Create a one-time rebate for an item by following the instructions below.
- First, you will need to enable the company master setting by navigating to File>Company>Master>Pricing tab and search for "Allow One Time Rebate in S/O (Y/N)".
- Click Edit
- Set this to Y and click Save.
- Click on the pricing dropdown on the sales order OR right-click on the item description and click on the pricing menu then navigate to the Rebate Cost tab of this menu.
- Enter the new rebate cost and click tab.
- Next enter the contract number and click tab.
- Click back on the order to exit this popup.
Note: You can restrict who has access to use this feature by setting the access level Allow One Time Rebate in SO.