- How does backorder release work and in what order does it release in?
- Automatic Backorder Release checks current merchandise levels against orders with backordered products and prints pick tickets for any items that can now be shipped. On these orders, the Quantity Back Ordered will move to Quantity to Ship. These orders must also qualify for release based on their Branch, Ship Via, Customer, Terms, Ship Date, Order Status, and Promise Date.
Sales orders as well as a report of all products and orders that have been released print to the backorder printers specified on the Branch Master. See Assign default printers by branch.
The backorder release program prioritizes which order will get released first when an item is received based on date and on the following scenarios.
- Stock Transfers
- Sales Orders that are linked to a purchase order
- Sales orders that are not linked to a purchase order
- Sales orders directly linked to a purchase order
- Stock transfers directly linked to a sales order or stock transfers created through consolidated purchase orders
- Unlinked sales orders
- unlinked stock transfers