- I have a partially used vendor credit. I need to delete or void the balance of this credit in payables.
- Removing balance from a vendor's ledger
1. Enter an AP Invoice (Accounting > Accounts Payable > AP Invoice Entry) for the opposite amount of the balance.
2. The invoice number can be anything unique. I suggest using a date in the number.
3. Enter a reference for remind of what the invoice is for.
4. Enter in the opposite amount of what you are balancing out. If it is an owed amount then you will put a negative. If it is a credit then you will put a positive amount. You will want the balance in the end to be $0 when we cut a check.
5. Make sure to use the same G/L account that the original invoice was on.
7. Go to the Check Print scree (Accounting > Accounts Payable > Check Print). Select either Individual check or hand check, either will work. Enter the vendor with the balance.
8. Select the invoice(s) you wish to remove the balance and the invoice you just entered. They should balance 0. Click Save
9. Print the check or voucher.