- Looking for new Inform ERP features? See the Inform ERP v22 Release Notes.
Inform WMS v22 unveils a new home screen with a fresh and uncluttered layout that makes navigation faster and easier than ever. Numbered shortcuts allow for direct access with as few keystrokes as possible. Use the greatly improved Bulk Receiver which now includes support for warehouse transfers, updating as you go so you never lose your work. Screen names have been updated as well for better parity with Inform naming conventions.
Gain deeper insights into your warehouse with the new Performance Metrics. This reporting tool allows for tracking the number of orders and items picked or received, with filters to distinguish between sales orders, transfers, and purchase orders. Duration is also now being measured to help calculate the average length of time.
Important: Metrics reporting is a beta feature. Further detail can be extrapolated from the Advanced Report Writer using the new RF.KPI data table. Metrics are not retroactively available and only apply going forward.
Priority pick notifications
Send alerts to pickers when customers are waiting at the counter or for other orders requiring immediate attention. Based on Ship Via, a priority notification can be sent to the scanners. The order will then appear at the top of the Job List, allowing for a seamless rapid response.
Priority orders are also highlighted in red when viewed from Inform's real time Order Picker Progress for maximum visibility. Optionally disable notifications for specific employees in the User Master.
Transfer picking & receiving
Paperless picking is now available for stock transfers via the Job List. Transfers are grouped by warehouse and can optionally be consolidated into a single pick by selecting multiple transfers at once. Inform's Order Picker Progress displays transfers as well (so long as backorder spawning is enabled).
Transfer receiving has been added to the Bulk Receiver which provides transfers with all the same benefits that vendor purchases have including support for multiple employees receiving simultaneously. Also added to the Bulk Receiver is the ability to print product labels at any time by pressing F8 and a Completion Rate percentage to better track overall progress.
Keep your showroom or primary shelf locations fully stocked with automated replenishments! On the Bins tab of the Product Master are fields for Min & Max Qty. Once a bin drops below the minimum a task appears in the Job List to replenish back to the maximum.
- Completion Rate percentage added to the receiver display to track progress.
- Linked special orders and stock transfers are now visible by pressing F6-Linked.
- Multiple locations can be designated as Receiving Docks in the bin setup. When entering into a receiver a prompt will appear to select the receiving dock.
- Print a product label at any time by pressing F8-Label.
- Putaway as you receive with new F2-Putaway option.
- Start a receiver by scanning a product and searching for open PO's and transfers.
- Start a receiver by selecting a stock transfer truck with the updated F1-Inbound option.
- Restrict the Qty field, requiring individual product scans with WMS Option Min Qty Entry For Receiving.
- All cycle count programs now support scanning the product barcode to increase the quantity count.
- Modernized the Physical Inventory screen and added an F3-List to view items within a bin location.
- Renamed the Physical Count to Physical Inventory.
- Renamed the Product Count to Inventory Adjustment.
- Suppress warning prompts about adding bins or products to the physical inventory count with WMS Option Suppress Prompts During Physical Inventory.
- Cancel Scan can now be performed from Sales Order Entry on the Details tab. Optionally restrict this with Access Level ALLOW CANCEL SCAN.
- Multi-Order will now display a pop-up with the customer, order, and qty when the same product exists on multiple orders.
- Partial Qty's can proceed to the next product automatically with WMS Option Proceed to Next Pick upon Partial Qty Entry.
- Qty Ship can be overridden on scanned sales orders (but only to a value greater than the scanned amount).
- Renamed the SO Load Truck to Shipping Confirmation.
- Restrict the Qty field, requiring individual product scans with WMS Option Min Qty Entry For Picking.
- Serial Number picks will be consolidated into a single pick, with each scanned serial increasing the quantity (similar to receiving).
- Stock transfers now make use of the Auto BO option, which will automatically backorder items that are not part of the pick list so long as the rest of the transfer is picked in full.
- When Serial Numbers won't scan, manually key in the ending digits for a quick search of available serials, making it possible to select from a list.
- Zone picking has been added to Truck Ship Confirmations.
- Added safeguards to prevent adjusting or transferring picked inventory.
- Invoiced serial numbers can now be changed from the Invoice Inquiry.
- Modernized the Product Labels screen and added support for Company Master setting Default Product Label Code.
- Product searches will now display a two line description.
- Serial Numbers can now be changed from the Invoice Inquiry.
Frequently Asked Questions
- To learn what version you currently have, see What's my version?
- To learn about system requirements for installation and upgrade, see Hardware and system recommendations for Inform ERP.