Use the following procedure if you have processed a POS order with payment (so it is In Billing), and then you determine that you need to substitute the item ordered for different item.
- In Inform. open the sales order you want to modify.
- Click Edit.
- Make sure the Detail tab is selected, and then click Add Line Item.
- In the new line's Product box, search and select the product you want to substitute for the one ordered.
- Configure your substitute:
- Change the originally ordered product's Quantity Ordered to 0.
- Update the Net Price of the Substitute item to match that of the original order. The Net Price must match because the order is already in billing.
- Make sure the Quantity Ordered of the Substitute product matches the original.
- Click Save.