While configuring customer access to your eCommerce Pro site, consider what anonymous users see. An anonymous user is any one who is visiting your site, but has not yet logged in. You can either hide all pricing for anonymous users or you can configure a default pricing for them.
You can also prevent users from browsing your site at all until they sign in. See Configure customer login options.
- In Magento, click DDI Theme, and then click ERP Settings.
Look for the section Guest User Settings. If required, click the down arrow to expand the section and show the options.
To hide pricing until a customer logs in, from the Display Price for Guest list, choose No. If you choose Yes, then the L1 List price appears.
- Click Save.
Inform ERP removes default pricing from the eCommerce site. Users can browse products but will not see pricing until they log in. For more information on these options, see Configure customer login options.
- Create a Default Customer Category in Inform
- In Inform, go to File > Customer > Category.
- Click New.
- In the Customer Category field, type a category name such as eCom, and then press the Tab key.
- In the Description box, type a category such as eCommerce Pro Guest Pricing.
- Click OK.
- Set Default Pricing for the Category
- Go to Sales > Pricing > Price Matrix.
- In the Customer Category box, select the category you just set up, and then press the Tab key.
- Click Search.
- You can set different default price formulas for each Product Line or Price Group, or scroll down to the bottom to set a default for the entire category. To set a formula, -click on the option listed in the window.
- Enter a price formula in the blank row. You can choose either Price or Cost as the basis for the formula). The example above dictates that all products display the L1 price (list price) with the formula "L1 + 0%".
- Click Save. The formula is effective immediately, unless you specify a different Effective Date, it will display in green in the Price Matrix window. Enter additional formulas as necessary.
- Set the New Category as the Default
- Select File > Company > Inform eCommerce Pro.
- Click Edit.
- In the Customer Category box, select the customer category you created above (for example WEB), and then press the Tab key.
- Click Save.
Customers who browse your site without logging in will see pricing for the default customer category entered above.