You can configure the following email notifications in Magento: Order, Invoice, Shipment, and Credit.
When you configure an email, you choose whether to send it, assign the email sender and comment, templates, and any additional email addresses to copy.
- In Magento, go to Stores > Configuration.
- Expand Sales, and then click Sales Emails.
- Expand General Settings, and then choose whether you want emails to be sent asynchronously. This means that emails will be collected and sent at regular, predictable intervals, rather than as soon as the event triggers the email (such as an order being placed). We recommend that you clear the Use system value check box and set Asynchronous sending to Enable.
- If you enable this setting, choose how many emails you want to collect before sending. Clear the Use system value check box, and then type the number into the Limit per cron run box.
- You can enable any of the following email notifications:
- Order: Sends a confirmation email for each order placed.
- Order Comments: Sends an email confirmation each time a comment is added to the order.
- Invoice: Sends an email each time an invoice is generated.
- Invoice Comments: Sends an email each time a comment is added to an invoice.
- Shipment: Sends a shipment confirmation email when an order ships.
- Shipment Comments: Sends an email each time a comment is added to the order shipment.
- Credit Memo: Sends an email each time a credit memo is generated.
- Credit Memo Comments: Sends an email each time a comment is added to a credit memo.
- For details on any of the email configuration options, see Sales Emails in the Magento User Guide.