When you set up your stores in Magento, you can configure location details so your customer's will be able to find your store with Google Maps. This functionality us enabled through FME Extensions.
You will set up general location settings, footer links, and Search Engine Optimization.
Caution: DDI System sets up your Google Map store locator during initial implementation. We strongly recommend contacting us before making any modifications.
- Go to DDI Theme > General Store Settings.
- Expand General Settings, and provide the following information:
- Enable Extension: To enable the Google Maps store location, select Yes. If you choose No, then you cannot view or change either mode from backend and will be redirected to the store’s main page.
- Page Title: Type the title that you want to show on the front end.
- Meta Keywords: Type the keywords that you want indexed for searching.
- Meta Description: Type a description of your store.
- Page Heading: Type the page heading that you want to show on your store.
- Page Subheading: Type the page subheading that you want to show on your store.
- Standard Latitude and Standard Longitude: The coordinates for the default store listing on Google Maps.
- Map Zoom: Default store listing page use this zoom level on Google maps.
- API Key: The API key used to connect to Google Maps and communicate the store's location.
- Expand Manage Links, and provide the following information on the Google map location of your store that will appear in your eCommerce Pro footer.
- Enable Footer Link: To display the map in your eCommerce site footer, choose Yes.
- Footer Link Label : Type the text to display when hovering over the map.
- Expand Search Optimization and specify options that will help you store be found quickly during internet searches.
- Store Identifier: Type a brief identifier, such as "shops".
- URL Suffix: Type the extension to append to the end of your URL, such as .HTML.
- Click Save Config.