You can configure Inform to require customers to login to access any of the shopping areas of your eCommerce site. Prior to login, they will have no access to browse products. If you choose to allow customers to see products prior to login, you can still hide product pricing, thereby protecting any special customer or contract pricing rules that you have set up.
If you have chosen to enable B2C shopping, consumer customers will then need to sign in to see your standard list prices.
Tip: In eCommerce 2, there settings were configured within Inform, from the File > Company > Inform eCommerce: Options.
- In Magento, click DDI Theme, and then click ERP Settings.
- Look for the section Guest User Settings. If required, click the down arrow to expand the section and show the options.
- If you want to force customers to login before they are permitted to see any products on your site, then from the Enable Module list, Yes. To enable them to browse products, choose No.
- To hide pricing until a customer logs in, from the Display Price for Guest list, choose No. If you choose Yes, then the L1 List price appears.
Tip: You may also assign specific Customer Category for all anonymous users. Create the Customer Category, assign that category to a price contract, and then assign that Customer Category to eCommerce Pro. Anonymous customers will then see the prices per contract rather than the L1-List price. For more information, see Configure eCommerce Pro site options by branch.
- In the Target URL box, type what URL should display if you have opted to Force Customer Logins.
- If you are allowing shopping without logging in, you may want to require users to sign up before they can check out. After adding items the cart, when your customer clicks Checkout, he will be prompted to sign in or Create an Account, as follows:
To do so, from the Guest User Registration During checkout list, select Yes.
- Click Save Config. To view changes within the site, refresh your website cache.