Before you edit your eCommerce Pro product catalog, you should make a backup copy. You can use this backup to
- Restore the full product catalog should anything go wrong during your editing
- Restore partial data and categories that may be overwritten by periodic updates from your content provider
The backup and restoration processes are managed by exporting and importing selected data from Akeneo. These procedures are described below.
- Run Akeneo.
- In the navigation bar, click Exports.
Which Export Profiles you see depend on which have been set up. DDI System provides you with 4 profiles during initial setup:
- SKU Details
- SKU and Family Attributes
- Click the Export Profile that contains the data you want to back up.
- On the Export Profile page, click Export Now.
- Akeneo displays a progress icon, followed by the completed status. Review the status, and then click Download Generated Files.
Akeneo downloads the exported file to your browser's default download location, such as C:\Users\YourName\Downloads.
To restore a data export, simply import it using Akeneo. You can find complete details on exporting data from Akeneo in their help file, Akeneo Help Center: Import your data. The procedure below is specific to Inform.
- On the Akeneo navigation bar, click Imports.
Note: You will not see this option unless you have permission to Import data.
- From the list of import profiles, click the one that you want to restore,
- You can import a file in one of two ways:
- To have the PIM fetch the file for you in the path you gave in your profile configuration, click Import Now.
- To upload your own file, click Upload a file, and then navigate to and select the CSV file you want to import.
Akeneo displays the import progress and status. Once completed, it displays a notification on the top right corner of the PIM.