Once the AutoQuotes integration is fully configured, you can import AutoQuotes projects directly into a sales order or quote.
To get your quotation from AutoQuotes to Inform, you first export your quotation from AutoQuotes, and then you import it into Inform.
The line items from your AutoQuotes will seamlessly flow into Inform with the options you specified during setup. During the import process, Inform will do the following:
- Add all products and details to the order
- Add accessories and options as external comments to each product, unless you have requested to create individual product records for each
- Create product records in Inform for any new products, including details and manufacturer's cost and price information. The imported products have a primary vendor automatically assigned to them.
- Check for duplicate products and warn you before adding them to the order
- Check the sell price against your minimum gross profit configuration. If the sell price falls under the minimum G/P threshold and the user does not have access to sell under G/P, then Inform will prompt you to enter approver credentials to add that line item to the order or quote.
Note: Set the Minimum G/P% in File > Company > Master: Pricing/Costing. Make sure to specify the MD2 value (1500 = 15%). This product wide setting may be overridden by product line. To learn how, see Set up product lines.
Warning: This section includes links to the AutoQuotes Help Center. DDI is not responsible for these links, and they may be updated without notice to us. Contact AutoQuotes for any inquiries specific to their software and documentation.
- Make sure AutoQuotes is configured for the generic accounting export. For more information on AutoQuotes configuration, see AutoQuotes' Help Center, including Configure Project Exports.
- In AutoQuotes, create your quote.
- Export your project data as described in AutoQuotes' article, Exporting Project Data. Make sure you save it in a folder that Inform can access.
Tip: If you want to export all of your AutoQuotes Catalog data including images and specs, you can use a FEDA export. See The FEDA Export Tool,
When the export completed, you will have a tab delimited text file that may be imported into Inform. For example: Bingo_KITCHEN_BAR.txt
- Open Inform and then go to Sales > Order > Sales Order.
- Choose your Customer and complete the required Sale Order information as you normally would.
On the Detail tab, right-click on the Line Items grid, and then choose Import AutoQuote.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the AutoQuotes export file, and click Open.
- Inform imports the products into the sales order.
- When the import completes, follow you standard Inform workflow to process the order/price quote.