To use Inform's AutoQuotes integration, you must map your Inform vendor list to your AutoQuotes vendor list, and then import the AutoQuotes list.
The AutoQuotes Vendor to Inform cross reference prevents creation of duplicate products. If you skip this step, then previously imported products are recreated as new products.
During this process, you add an Inform vendor ID number to every vendor in AutoQuotes, export the list from AutoQuotes, and then import into Inform. The export file contains the Inform Vendor number, AutoQuotes vendor short name, and an optional vendor-based 3-character prefix for the new product ID in Inform. All products imported from an AutoQuotes project will have a primary vendor automatically assigned to them.
- In Inform. export your vendor list.
- Go to File >Vendor > Master.
- Click Report.
- On the Selection Criteria pop-up, click OK.
- When prompted to select all Vendors, click Yes.
- On the Field Selection pop-up, drag Vendor Number and Vendor Name from the Available Fields list to the Print Order list. Make sure Vendor Number is listed first. Click OK.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, click Save, and then Save Document As AQVendors.xls.
- From AutoQuotes, run a Default Accounting Export. The export will include all of the Vendors.
- Open the AQVendors.xls file.
- In the third column–DDI Prfx–type the three character prefix you want to append to all products created in Inform as a result of an AutoQuotes import for the named Vendor. Characters can be numbers or letters.
- In the fourth column–AQMFG–type the AutoQuotes vendor short name, which is in column 5 of your export from AutoQuotes.
- Save this file as a Tab Delimited text file, AQVendors.txt.
For an example, see Sample AQVendors file.
Note: As you add vendors, you will need to keep this file up to date.
- Copy this file to IBM\ACCOUNTS\DDI\IMPORTQT, and then notify your Customer Care liaison that this step is complete. DDI will complete the mapping processing.