Consider the following optional settings for AutoQuotes integration, and then communicate your desired configuration to your Customer Care liaison.
Do you want to a create accessories as new products in Inform?
- Inform determines which line items represent accessories by analyzing the sell price. If there is no price, then the line item represents an accessory in Inform. If there is a price, then the line item represents a product in Inform, even though it may be an option/accessory in your AutoQuotes quotation.
- By default, Inform will create line items without pricing (accessories) like voltage or gas options as external comments on the primary base product. If an option/accessory in your AutoQuotes quotation has a price, Inform will create the item as a product in the product catalog.
- You may configure Inform to create accessories as products; however, this configuration is not recommended as it will extend your product catalog with many zero-priced products that you will never sell.
Do you want to import AutoQuotes' list price?
- By default, AutoQuotes does not export the list price.
- If you want to import AutoQuotes' list price into Inform, then you must configure your AutoQuotes export to include this information, and then let your Customer Care liaison know the column number in which the list price is provided.
Do you want to include freight and other charges in the sell price?
- By default, freight and additional charges are excluded when you import a job from AutoQuotes,
- If you want to include these charges, they will be added to the sell price of each product. They cannot be itemized.
Do you want to limit the length of product descriptions?
- By default, Inform imports full product descriptions from AutoQuotes. These descriptions can be quite long and are included on all documents printed from Inform.
- To prevent these long descriptions from spilling over into multiple printed pages, you can limit the description to the first 60 characters.
Do you want to assign the same prefix to all products created through AutoQuotes import?
- By default, Inform assigns the 3-character vendor specific prefix noted in the AQVendors.txt file as described n AQ Setup Step 1: Map your vendors from Inform to AutoQuotes.
- You may instead assign the same 3-character prefix to all products, or you may leave the prefix off altogether and use the Manufacturer's Number as the Product Number.
- Let your Customer Care liaison know what prefix you want to use: vendor specific, same for all, or none.
Do you want to assign all imported products to the same product line?
- By default, Inform assigns all imported products to a product line named for the assigned vendor.
- You may instead assign all imported products to the same product line, such as AQImport or Misc Products, Let your Customer Care liaison know which product line you want to use.