Some vendors send their invoices electronically via the EDI 810 Invoice transaction protocol. They are typically sent in response to Purchase Orders as a request for payment once the goods have shipped or services are provided.
When Inform receives these invoices, it lists them on the Pending Invoices page. From here, you can review the invoices and decide whether to import them into Inform ERP as A/P invoices or delete them.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Payable>Pending Invoices.
You will see a list of all electronically transmitted invoices, including the Vendor Name and Number, Invoice number and Date, PO or Reference number, and Amount.
- Review the invoices and decide how you want to proceed.
- To accept an invoice and import into Inform as an A/P Invoice, select the Import check box on the invoice row(s).
- To delete any invoice, select the Delete check box on the invoice row(s),
- Click the Update button. The list clears,
- To reload the page, click the Search button. Invoices that were not imported are reloaded for further review. You can find imported invoices on the Vendor Ledger. See View a vendor's ledger.