Over the weekend, Microsoft released an update that causes Windows Defender to quarantine a number of DDI files. This quarantine results in a number of Inform error messages and failures.
(Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus-KB2267602 Version 1.307.959.0)
Note: On older versions of Windows, files may be quarantined by Microsoft Security Essentials rather than Windows Defender.
If you are seeing problems now, follow the procedure below to correct it.
IMPORTANT: If you have not yet run Windows update, then BEFORE running it, follow Exclude DDI folders from future scans, below.
Remove DDI folder from quarantine
- On the Inform Server, run Windows Defender. (Click the Start menu, and then type Windows Defender.)
- Click the History tab.
- Click the Quarantined items option, and then click View details.
- If you see \\IBM\Accounts\DDI, then your system is affected.
- Select the check box(es) beside the detected item, and then click Restore.
Inform will run now, however, to prevent this from happening again, you must exclude the DDI folder from Windows Defender scans in the future.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Scroll until you see Exclusions, and then click Add an exclusion.
- Click Exclude a folder.
- In the Select Folder popup, navigate to your DDI Data drive, which may be C, D, or E, and then select IBM. Click Exclude this folder.
- Close out all open windows.
Full functionality is restored.