Direct putaway is the process of skipping the DOCK bin and directly putting product into a bin location during PO Receiving.
- On your scanner, go to PO Receiving
- Select an open Receiver or create a new Receiver.
- Scan a product as described in Scan items and enter quantities (WMS)
- To skip the DOCK bin, press the F1 (Bin) key and scan the bin location you'd like to put product away to.
Alternatively, press the F1 (List Bins) key to select from a list of all bins with available quantities. Or, put the product into a new location by selecting Add New Bin .
Note: Utilizing the Add New Bin feature will NOT create a new bin, the bin must already be created in Inform.
- Continue to scan additional products on the Receiver and change bins if desired.
- When all products are scanned Close the receiving and update inventory (WMS)
Warning: Inventory is unaccounted for in Inform until the F9 (Update) key is pressed and inventory is updated.
Note: You must putaway the total quantity of a single product on a Receiver to the selected bin. Putting the same product in multiple bins is not supported.