A Physical Count allows for counts to be scanned into a Physical Inventory freeze.
- To begin a Physical Count you'll need to Freeze the inventory you'd like to count in Inform. See Run physical inventory.
- From your scanners Main menu, select Physical Count and then press the Enter key.
- To begin counting, scan the bin location you'd like to count.
- Scan any product in the bin, or type in the Product Number in the Prod field.
- To change the products unit of measure press the F6 (Uom) key. Select from a list of available units of measure and press the Enter key to change.
- Enter the total quantity in the bin and press the Enter key.
- Repeat the last step for all products in the bin.
Note: If a product is scanned and is not systemically in the bin, a message will appear, Product Not in Count. Add Product? Press the Y key to add the product to the bin and count in the quantity, or press the N key to go back.
- Once all products in a specific bin have been counted, press the F9 (Save) key.
Note:If you attempt to escape without pressing the F9 (Save) key a message will appear, Exit without Saving? . Press the Y key to exit without saving or press the N key to go back.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for all bin locations you'd like to count
- Once all bins have been counted, update your count from Physical Inventory.