A Bin Count is a type of cycle count that will only update a products bin quantities and NOT on hand quantities.
- From your scanners Main menu, select Bin Count and then press the Enter key.
- To begin cycle counting, scan the bin you'd like to count.
The last date the bin was counted will display at the bottom of the screen.
- Scan any product in the bin, or type in the Product Number in the Prod field.
To change the products unit of measure press the F6 (Uom) key. Select from a list of available units of measure and press the Enter key to change.
4. As you continue to scan the product, the Qty increases by increments of 1. Alternatively, you can enter the total quantity in the bin and press the Enter key.
5. To count another product, simply scan the next product in the bin. Repeat for all products in the bin.
To review a list of all products in the bin press the F3 (List) key.
A list of all products in the bin will display along with the quantity that has been counted. If the product has not been counted the quantity will be 0.
7. To update the products bin quantity press the F9 (Update) key.
Warning: All products in a bin must be counted. If a product is uncounted a warning message will appear when updating, Uncounted Products, Update?. Press the Y key to Update and the N key to count the remaining products. If Y key is selected, and the product remains uncounted, the quantity will be zeroed out from the bin.
Tip: Once a Bin Count is performed and if a discrepancy is created between the bin quantity and the on hand quantity, an Inventory adjustments (WMS) will be created in the Job List: Count Prod screen to correct the inventory.