If you encounter problems with your upgrade, complete the following troubleshooting steps prior to contacting Customer Care:
- Make sure Windows is up to date. See Windows Update: FAQ.
- Make sure all users are logged out of Inform. Check Utilities > System Users and Locks.
- Make sure you are running the install while logged in as the DDI Administrative user, which was defined during your initial implementation,
If you forgot your DDI Administrative user information, then
- Run Inform,
- On the Login pop-up, click Connection Update.
- Click Connection Update
- Look at the Connection Name, This is your default DDI administrative user, typically set up as ddiadmin (not case sensitive).
- Click Exit.
- Back in the Login pop-up, make sure that the default user is selected in Connection Name. Type the Password, and click Login.
- Make sure your anti-virus software is not blocking the download of the upgrade files.
- If you have problems with a client workstation upgrade, then make sure the Windows user has permission to access the upgrade path on the server. Open the Company Master and review the Software Upgrade Path. Attempt to run directly to that same path in Windows.
If upgrade still does not complete as expected after following these steps, then contact Customer Care.