- How do I choose who receives order confirmation emails?
- By default, order confirmation emails go to every customer contact who has Sales selected as the Send Option. To find this option, go to
- File > Customer > Master, and open the customer.
- Click the Contacts tab.
- Click the name of the contact you want to configure.
- On the Contact Master, click the Setup tab.
- Under Contact Information, there is a Send Option, which can be blank, Sales, or Accounting. To ensure this person receives order confirmations for the customer, choose Sales, and then save. You can assign the Sales Send Option to multiple contacts for a single customer.
If you want someone other than the sales contacts to receive the email, then on the Sales Order, choose the desired recipient as the Ordered By contact. If you specify an Ordered By contact, then only that person will receive the order confirmation email. No sales contacts will.