- Can I add my own custom pages and tabs to my eCommerce site?
The simplest way to add custom content is to use the built-in Homepage Editor. From here, you can add links and articles to your home page, with no coding required. To learn how, see Configure your site layout with Web Admin
If you can't achieve the results you are looking for using the built-in editor, then you can add custom static pages to your eCommerce site and link to them from new tabs or links on existing pages. This solution does require knowledge of HTML and XML.
To add static pages, you create the HTML pages as you want to appear, and then you reference these pages through an existing XML file.
- Create your HTML pages, and then save them with an HTML extension in the following folder on your eCommerce Web server: \\inetpub\Ecommerce2\staticpages.
- Add tabs that link to these pages:
- Open \\inetpub\Ecommerce2\staticpages\staticpages.xml in a text editor.
- For each page, add the name of the Tab and the file to which you want to link, followed by the order in which you want it to appear in your tabbed menu as follows:
<MenuName>My New Tab1</MenuName>
<MenuName>My New Tab2</MenuName>
Here is an example:
Which looks like this on your page: