- How is the Ship Via related to the Tax Code?
- When you create a sales order, the Ship Via is filled in automatically based on the customer configuration as follows:
- Ship to Truck Route. If not specified, then
- Customer Truck Route. If not specified, then
- Ship To Ship Via. If not specified, then
- Customer Ship Via. If not specified, then
- Default Branch ship via. If not specified, then
The Ship Via has a direct impact on the Tax Code. When you change the Ship Via, the Tax Code on the sales order is updated as well. If you have a Ship Via assigned to a specific Ship To, and update the Sales Order with that specific Ship To, then when you change the Ship To, the Tax Code on the Sales Order will also update.
If you are changing the Ship Via and the Tax Code is updating unexpectedly, then review the Tax Codes assigned to your Ship To's.