- Why does my ARW report contain so much white space between my group headers, and how can I remove it?
- Your ARW report may contain a large amount of white space between group headers if the group details return a record that matches your selection criteria, but has blank values for all of the data that you have chosen to display in your report. The only data values associated with the report are hidden.
In the example below, values were returned for the selected Ship To information, but the Ship To itself was hidden, leading to the large blank blocks.
Given that the faulty information is hidden, it could be difficult to track down. To do so, we recommend that you apply different style formatting to every element on the page.
- Open the Report in the Advanced Report Writer, and then click Edit.
- Click the Layout tab.
- In the report, click the data field.
- Scroll back to to the bottom of the page layout, Designer options.
- Within the Designer options, scroll to the heading Appearance.
- From the list beside BackColor, choose a new background color for the data.
- Repeat with a different color for each field.
Tip: To make it easier for you to differentiate data fields, you can change other Properties as well. You may also click and drag a Line from the Section Reports panel beneath each data field to help separate them.
- When you generate the report, you can then track down which data is resulting in the white space by cross referencing it to the background colors you've applied.
- You can remove this data, or if you need more help, contact Customer Care.