From Manufacturer Rep Commissions invoice entry, you can enter invoice information for orders on which you will receive the sales commission, but the vendor will collect payment from the customer. You enter the invoice amount, and Inform will calculate the commission to be paid based on the configured Rep Commission percent.
Note: Some pre-configuration is required. See Set up Inform to manage manufacturer rep commissions.
You can enter and save invoices now, and then post now or later.
- Go to Sales > Manufacturer Reps Commissions > Invoice Entry
- Type or search and select the Branch and Vendor for the invoice.
Once you enter these two fields, they cannot be changed until you save the invoices. If you enter the wrong vendor or branch, then you will need to start over: click New.
- If you want Inform ERP to assign an invoice number when you save the invoice, select the Auto Invoice Number check box.
- If you imported invoiced using the procedure Import manufacturer rep commission details, you may Recall those invoices here. Choose the Start Date and End Date from the calendar, and then click Get Invoices. All imported invoices appear in the grid in the bottom half of the screen. You can edit these as required.
- To add invoices, click the Add Vendor Invoice button. A new line appears at the bottom of the grid, where you can enter the Customer No (number), Ship To location, and Salesman (if not the default).
Type an Invoice No, Invoice Date, and Invoice Amount. The Commission Amount will be calculated based on the Commission % set for that vendor. You can also enter a Commission Amount, and Inform will recalculate the Commission %.
- When you have finished, click Save.
- When you are ready to post the invoices, click the Post to Invoice button.
- On the MFG Rep Commission Invoice Update pop-up, choose the Vendor to which you want to post, or leave blank to post all vendors' invoices. Choose a Posting Date, and then click Update. Inform posts the invoices to the selected vendor(s).