Import commission information provided by the manufacturer from a spreadsheet into Inform using MFG Rep Commission Import. Imported invoices will then appear in your MFG Rep Invoice Entry screen, from which you can post them.
Note: Spreadsheets must be saved in a csv file format.
- Make sure the spreadsheet is in a CSV file format. To do so, you can open the file in Microsoft Excel. Then go File > Save As, and from the Save as type list, choose CSV (Comma delimited).
- In Inform, go to Sales > Manufacturers Rep Commissions > Import. Read the warning message, and then click OK.
- If the FIle Name box, type the full path to the CSV spreadsheet you want to import, or click the folder icon and browse to that path.
- The Data tab on the right displays the data from the CSV file.
- Click any column in the Import Data table and drag it to the corresponding Mapped column.
- Continue to map all Import Data columns to the Mapped Columns.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Branch box, click and choose the branch into which you are importing manufacturer rep invoices.
- Type or click to select the Vendor.
- To have Inform number the invoices, select the Automatic Invoice Numbering check box. Leave this option cleared if you have a mapped Invoice Number from your spreadsheet.
- To check your data, click Analyze. Inform ERP will validate that the data is mapped correctly, and then display a status. To view the Exceptions report so you can correct the spreadsheet as needed, click OK. If the data is valid, click Cancel. Then in the MFG Rep Commission Import window, click Import.
Inform imports the data, and then displays a status of how many invoices (records) were imported.