Use the Customer Reward Program to reward good customers with a percentage of what they spend as co-op points. Co-op points can be used for marketing services, trips, and equipment training. You can notify users of their total reward points using the Inform Marketing Manager.
To implement a customer reward program, you first set up the customers who are eligible and then the products to purchase. Inform then calculates co-op dollar values for each order. You can monitor sales and co-op dollars, make adjustments, and issue bonus amounts. Rewards points display in the Customer Reward Program screen after an eligible order has been invoiced.
Set up co-op percents for customers and products
To set up your Customer Rewards Program, assign co-op percents to customers and products. These percents will be used each time the customer purchases an item.
Assign Co-Op percents to customers to automatically calculate that dollar amount for all products labeled as "Co-op Eligible" in the system. You can override this default percent by percents set for individual products, groups of products, or groups of customers in the Price Matrix. Consider sending emails to customers on a regular basis to notify them of their points balance.
- Go to File > Customer > Master, and edit customer's account.
- Click on the General tab.
- On the Sales Order/Invoice Options panel, type the percent to apply to all co-op eligible products in the Co-op %The default percentage of the product price that the customer will receive as part of a co-op. This percent applies only to products marked "Co-Op Eligible" in the Product Master. You can configure different co-op percents per product in the Price Matrix. box.
- Click Save.
Set co-op percents for products in the Product Master. If you set a percent for a group of products, the system applies the percent only to Co-op Eligible products.
Note: If you are using Last Price Paid in your Sales Orders, the Price Matrix needs to be set to override this in order for Co-op percents to be set on the product level. In the Company Master, if Dflt Customer Last Price Paid in S/O is set to Y, then your Price Matrix Overrides Last Price Paid field must be set to Y. This does not need to be set if you are only using Co-op Percents on the Customer level.
- Go to File > Product > Master. Edit your product, and make sure that the Co-Op Eligible A percentage of this products sales will go to customers who are part of the Co-op rewards program as a company credit. check box is selected on the General tab.
- Go to Sales > Pricing > Price Matrix.
- Select the Product, Price Group, or Product Line for which you want to set a percent. You can also select a Customer, Customer Category, or Contract to apply the percent to. Click Search.
- Click the product combination link in lower half of the screen.
- Enter the correct percent in the Co-op % box, and then click Save.
The Co-op percent will display in a column in the Sales Order screen. It does not print on the customer's sales order, shipment confirmation, or invoice.
- Go to Sales > Order > Sales Order.
- On the Detail tab, in the Line Items grid, click the Field Chooser icon, and then select the Co-op Percent check box.
- To save this layout, right-click the Line Items grid, point to Layout, and then click Save for User.
Use Customer Rewards Program features
The Customer Rewards Program screen allows you to review sales and co-op dollars, make adjustments, add bonuses, and track when customers have used their co-op points.
- Go to CRM > Customer Reward Program, and then open Customer for whom you want to view and manage rewards.
- At the top of the screen, view the customer's overall reward program totals.
- System: The total value of rewards points the customer earned in the selected period.
- Adjustment: The total points adjusted for the selected period
- Bonus: The total bonus points issued to the customer for the selected period.
- Used: The total amount in rewards points that the customer used in the selected period.
- Balance: The total amount of co-op dollars available for the customer to spend.
- The grid breaks down sales and co-op amounts by month for the selected calendar or fiscal period. .
- On the right side of the screen, you can view the list of invoices for the highlighted month. Use the available tabs to view or adjust co-op dollar values, give bonus rewards, and track reward dollars as they are spent.
- Sales/Co-op: lists the invoices for the selected month, including the invoice date, sales total, and the co-op dollar amount. The co-op value cannot be changed but may be adjusted at any time.
- Adjustments: allows you to adjust co-op values for the selected month.
- Bonus: allows you to issue bonus co-op amounts for the selected month.
- Used: allows you to record the reward dollars a customer spends per month. You must manually enter dollars used to ensure the system tracks totals accurately.
Notify Customers of a Rewards Balance
Send out monthly or quarterly statements to Rewards Program customers to remind them to use points or order more points to reach the next level.
- On the Customer Reward Program screen, click the Report button
- Select criteria for the report, ex. Customer Name. To narrow results to just customers with a co-op balance, go to the Additional Selection Criteria area, select Coop Balance from the Field drop down menu, and then set field parameters. For more information on how to select criteria, see Selecting data.
- Click OK when you are finished selecting criteria.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.
If you want to send reward balances to multiple customers at a time, refer to the section below.
- Go to CRM > Inform Marketing Manager.
- Choose the customers whom you want to notify, as described in Manage targeted email marketing campaigns
- Click OK.
- On the Send Document screen that appears, compose the email. Right-click to view placeholder fields that the system will replace with contact-specific information, such as First Name or Reward Balance.
- When you have finished writing the email, send a test. If you are satisfied with the message, click Send to send it to customers.