Use this process to remove a credit from one customer account and apply it to another.
- Navigate to Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Cash Receipts Posting.
Note: The default bank account on the Cash Receipts Posting screen is not affected by credit invoice transfer transactions.
- For Customer, type the customer from whom the credit is being transferred.
- Select Check as the Payment Type.
- Type a description for Check Number, such as CTMMDDYY (replace MMDDYY with date of processing this transaction). Check numbers must be unique.
- For Amount, type 0.
- Locate the credit invoice.
- For Adjustment, type the transfer amount as a negative value.
- For the Adj G/L box, select a G/L account that is not established as a bank.
Note: This account will be used in step 7.
- Click Save.
- On the Balance Remaining pop-up, choose On Account.
- Repeat step 2, but choose the Customer to whom the credit is being transferred.
- Repeat step 3, but enter the Adjustment as a positive amount equal to the negative amount you entered in step 3. Use the same Adj G/L so the transfer is balanced.
- Click Save.
Note: The Bank Batch amount will be zero for these postings.
- Print and post to A/R if your batch processing is complete, or continue entering cash receipts for the batch.
Note: Multi-branch users exchange accounts will be invoked if the customer’s accounts are based in different branches and the accounts receivable is separated by branch.