The 12M Profit Grid displays the total profit dollars earned and profit % monthly for this year over last. The last year variance is based on a third year, which is not shown. This information is updated daily.
- Open this Dashboard as described in Review Sales dashboard KPIs
- Review average lines per invoice.
- TY Profit: This Year's Profit. The profit per month and the total between yesterday and that same day last year.
- TY Profit Var: This Year's Profit Variance. The difference between TY Profit and LY Profit. In the chart above for October:
338,607.05 - 295,516.73 = 43,090.32
This means that on average, there was a total of $43,090.32 more profit earned in October this year over last year.
- TY Profit Var %: This Year's Profit Variance Percent, calculated as
for October (43090.32/295516.73)100 = 14.58%
- LY Profit: Last Year Profit. The total Profit ordered between a year ago yesterday and a year prior to that.
- LY Profit Var: Last Year's Profit Variance. The difference between LY Profit and the prior year's profit (3rdY profit not shown). In the chart above for October:
[(295,516.73) - (ThirdYearProfit)] = 9,456.46
From the equation, you can calculate the Third Year total Profit (October 2016) as 286,060.27
- LY Profit Var %: Last Year's Profit Variance Percent, calculated as
or for October (9456.46/286060.27)100 = 3.31%
To filter the total profit by salesperson, vendor, or location, click View Detail.
From the Filter list, choose one of the filters below, and then select/clear the check boxes to define the specifics. Click Search.Available filters
- Primary Vendor
- Order Writer