A line represents one line item on an order, including sales, credit, and return items. The 12M Lines Grid displays the total number of lines for each month over the last year and the prior year. The last year variance is based on a third year, which is not shown. These values represent counts not dollars, which therefore represents the amount of work that was done. This information is updated daily.
- Open this Dashboard as described in Review Sales dashboard KPIs
- Review average lines per invoice.
- TY Lines: This Year's Lines. The number of lines per month and the total between yesterday and that same day last year.
- TY Lines Var: This Year's Lines Variance. The difference between TY Number of Lines and LY Number of Lines. In the chart above for October:
(9237-10001) = -764
This means that on average, there was a total of 764 fewer lines on orders taken in October this year than last.
- TY Lines Var %: This Year's Number of Lines Variance Percent, calculated as
for October (-764/10001)100 = -7.64%
- LY Lines: Last Year Number of Lines. The total number of Lines ordered between a year ago yesterday and a year prior to that.
- LY Lines Var: Last Year's Number of Lines Variance. The difference between LY Number of Lines and the prior year's number (3rdY Lines not shown). In the chart above for October:
(10001)-(ThirdYearLines) = -323
From the equation, you can calculate the Third Year total number of Lines (October 2016) as 10,324
- LY Lines Var %: Last Year's Total Number of Lines Variance Percent, calculated as
or for October (-323/10324)100 = -3.13%
To filter the total Lines by salesperson, vendor, or location, click View Detail.
From the Filter list, choose one of the filters below, and then select/clear the check boxes to define the specifics. Click Search.Available filters
- Primary Vendor
- Order Writer