The 12M GP% Grid compares monthly gross profit percent year over year. This information is updated daily.
- Open this Dashboard as described in Review Sales dashboard KPIs
- Review gross profit %. In this example, assume you are viewing the dashboard on June 15, 2019.
- TY GP %: This Year's Gross Profit % . The gross profit % for each month this year, from yesterday to that same day last year (June 14 2018-June 14-2019).
- TY GP % Var: This Year's Gross Profit % Variance. The difference between TY Gross Profit % and LY Gross Profit %. In the chart above for Total:
[(24.96%) - (24.42%)] = .54%
This means the organization earned .54% more gross profit year over year.
- TY GP % Var %: This Year's Gross Profit % Variance Percent, calculated as (TYGP%Var/LYGP%)100
- LY GP %: Last Year Gross Profit % . The gross profit percentage earned from a year ago yesterday and the prior year: in this example, the gross profit earned between June 14, 2017 and June 14, 2018.
- LY GP %Var: Last Year's Gross Profit % Variance. The difference between LY Gross Profit % and the prior year's Gross Profit % (3rdY GP% not shown). In the chart above for Total:
[(24.42%) - (ThirdYearGP%)] = -.90%
From this equation, you can calculate the Third Year Gross Profit % (2017-2018) as 25.32%.
- LY GP %Var %: Last Year's Gross Profit % Variance Percent, calculated as
- To filter the Gross Profit % by salesperson, vendor, or location, click View Detail.
From the Filter list, choose one of the filters below, and then select/clear the check boxes to define the specifics. Click Search.Available filters
- Primary Vendor
- Order Writer