You can compare a customer's year over year Sales, Cost, Gross Profit Dollars and Gross Profit Percent from the Sales Analysis page of the Customer Master Ledger.
The Variance option will display a year over year sales dollar variance as well. All information displays by month, based on the Sales Journal Period on the invoice..
- Open the customer's account in the Customer Ledger:
- Go to File > Customer > Master > Ledger or
- Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Customer Ledger
- Click the Sales Analysis tab.
- From the View list, choose the type of information you want to view:
- Sales: Monthly sales dollars.
- Cost: Your monthly cost.
- Variance: The difference in Sales dollars year over year per month.
- Gross Profit: The total value of the gross profit per month over the last 4 years.
- A/R balance: The balance of money due but not yet paid for by this customer per month over the last four years.
- When you have finished, click Exit.