From the Template editor, you can choose the layout of your eCommerce Home Page, pick images and/or videos, and add text and headlines.
- Go to the Home Page Content Management System and add rows and columns as described in Customize your homepage.
- Each template is assigned to one cell (row-column) in your layout. On the cell that you want to layout by template, click .
The Insert Template page appears, where you can choose the template you want to apply to this cell.
- Choose your template. Scroll through the options at the top of the page and choose the one you want. What you do next depends on the template you choose.
Important: You may add links to images, files, and web pages within these templates. When you do, make sure the URL uses the domain name (https://mysitename.com/productname) and not the IP address (https://192.0.0.1/productname).Image right/text left
- In the Content box, type the text that you want to appear to left. Use the toolbar to style the text and add links to other pages.
Image appears to the right.
- For a local file, click Upload image, then Choose File and navigate to the file you want.
- For a file already in the Inform database, click Select Image and then click the one you want.
Video right/text left
- Title your elements: Type a Headline for your text and an Image Caption for your image.
- Complete as described Image right/text left, above
- In the Video URL box, type the full URL to your YouTube or Vimeo video, such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjsZcJAx7Y4
- Title your elements: Type a Headline for your text and an Video Caption for your video.
- Upload or select a featured image as described Image/Video under Image right/text left, above. This image will appear as a hero image (large image at the top) on your homepage.
- Type a Product Name.
- If you want to link to a new web page when the Product URL is clicked, then type a fully qualified URL such as http://www.ddisystem.com into the Product URL box
- Upload or select images to add to the carousel image as described Image/Video under Image right/text left, above. The difference here is that you can continue to add as many images as you choose. Click Add Input to display a new Choose file row.
Important: any images used in an Image Carousel should have uniform dimensions (e.g. 960 x 300 or 1200 x 400) for the best results. Using images of variable sizes can produce erratic results.
- When you have finished, click Save. You will return to the editor with the template you chose applied to the active cell.