Use the Price Change by Formula screen to update a cost or price field by a specific percentage for a selected group of products.
You can set the change can to update immediately, or to take effect at a future date.
- Go to Sales > Pricing > Price Change by Formula.
- On the Product Selection screen that appears, narrow down the products whose price you want to update. For example, if you received a price update from a vendor, choose that specific vendor. For more information on selecting criteria in this screen, see Selecting data.
- The Price Change by Formula window displays the selection criteria that you chose and provides options for applying the price change.
- From the Base Field list, choose the cost or list price that you want to update. This is the field that will be increased or decreased.
- In the Percentage box, type the percentage amount that you want to add or subtract from the base field, and then press the Tab key.
Tip: You can also calculate the change based on a desired gross profit, multiplier, or chain discount. Click the Calculator icon, and then to learn how these options work, see Advanced price formula options.
- From the Sign +/- list, select "+" or "-" symbol to increase or decrease the cost.
- From the End Result Field list, select the field that will be impacted by this price change. The End Result equals the base field plus or minus the percentage that you enter.
- If you are setting a price change to take effect at a Future Date, choose that date from the calendar. Otherwise, it will take effect on today's date..
- Click Update. Inform notifies you when the update is complete.