You can organize and subtotal open invoices by ship to location within a customer account and its child accounts on the Sub Account Ledger page of a the Customer Master.
A Child Account is a separate customer account that has its invoices posted to and paid by a separate Parent Account. A customer can be set up as a Child Account in the Customer Master under the Setup tab and Credit tab, by designating an alternate Parent Account as the Parent A/R #. See Configure customer tax rate and credit options
- Open the customer's account in the Customer Ledger:
- Go to File > Customer > Master > Ledger or
- Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Customer Ledger
- Click the Sub Account Ledgertab.
In the Sub Account Ledger. open invoices are grouped according to the Ship To Number or Child Account in the far left column. The total open invoice balance for that location is then calculated in the Total Sub row.
Finally, you will see the total open invoice balance for all of the customer's Sub Accounts at the bottom of the Inv-Balance column..
- The sample above is a fictitious version of Sub Account Ledger for Boston University, which is a Parent Customer Account.
This ledger shows that the account has several Ship To locations that are considered Child Accounts. Each Child Account receives products directly from you, but the Parent Account pays the invoice for those products.
In this example, there is also a Child Account that is a completely separate customer account–ABC Contracting, which appears first on the ledger, is a separate customer with a unique account number that you can see in the far left column.
- To view, print, or send a report of the Sub Account Ledger, click the Report button.
- When you have finished, click Exit.