Use inventory adjustments to correct the inventory on-hand totals.
- Navigate to Inventory > Inventory Adjustment.
- In the Initials box, type your initials.
- In the Warehouse box, click the magnifying glass and then select the Warehouse in which the adjustment will occur from the list that appears.
- You may type up to 30 characters describing the reason for the adjustment into the ReferenceThe reason for the adjustment, such as Damaged, Cycle Count, or Store Use. It appears on the inventory adjustment report as well as the General Ledger. box. This text will be included on reports.
- Select either the AdjustedThe adjusted quantity, which is the difference between the current on hand and the new on hand value. For example, if there are 10 items currently on hand, and 3 is entered as the adjustment, the new on hand is 13. or the PhysicalThe new on-hand, which is the total number of the product currently in stock. For example, if there are 10 currently on-hand, and 3 is entered as the new physical level, then the new on-hand is 3. option.
- Click Add Line Item, and then search for the product you want to adjust.
- If you selected the Adjusted option, then type a new Adjusted Quantity of the product. If you specify a negative quantity, then inventory will be reduced.
If you selected the Physical option, then type a New On-Hand quantity.
- If applicable, select a Reason CodePredefined reasons for the adjustment, such as Damaged, Cycle Count, or Store Use. These transactions may be set up to affect a different General Ledger account rather than the default adjustment account. Depending on system configuration, this may be a required field.. Based on system configuration, this step may be mandatory.
- Continue to add line items until all products are counted.
- Click Save.