In this procedure, you will learn how to assign the vendors from whom you order a specific product.
- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in Create and edit products.
- Click the Vendors tab.
- Click Edit to put the product into edit mode.
- Click Add Vendor.
- Type the Vendor name or number. The Description will populate automatically.
- Type a Vendor Product #The product reference number as listed by the vendor. This number displays on Purchase Orders to the vendor, but not on customer invoices.for the product.
Optional: Specify other vendor specific fields such as UPC Codes or Box QuantityThe box quantity for the product when ordered from the vendor. This is the multiple that the vendor requires you to order in, based on the Purchasing Unit of Measure. For example, if your Purchasing UOM is CS and the vendor's box quantity is 12, the Projected Purchase Order will recommend that you order in multiples of 12. If the system calculates that you need 13 CS, it will prompt you to order 24 CS. This overrides the Box Quantity set for the product under the Purchasing tab.. These will override existing fields on the product during purchasing.
- Repeat to add vendors. Make sure you select the check box for the Primary Vendor.
- Click Save.
- If only one Vendor is assigned, it will become the Primary Vendor for the product.
- The Primary setting can be reassigned to another vendor at anytime.
- Inform ERP adds vendors to the product automatically upon purchase.
- Vendor part numbers print out on PO's.