The Lines Fill Rate MTD KPI shows the percentage of lines filled based on the first shipment from the first day of the current month until today. This report helps track lost sales and inventory's ability to meet demand. This information is updated daily.
Inform ERP calculates the fill ratio as
Filled/potentiallyFilled = fillRate
Filled represents all line items where the ship quantity is equal to the order quantity, and
Potentially Filled excludes the following by line item:
- Back orders
- Spawned orders
- Drop ships
- Non stock
- Blanket orders
- Order quantity less than zero
as these items do not measure item performance. Therefore note that the numbers you see in this KPI Dashboard will not match the total sales in the Customer Ledger.
You can view
- a KPI bar graph
- details for lines, units, and sales,
- a custom view that filters just the data and range that you want to view
Add the Lines Fill Rate MTD KPI as described in Review Sales dashboard KPIs
- On the Lines Fill Rate MTD KPI, click the View Detail button.
- By default, you will see the month to date and the year to date line fill rates for all products for the last three years based on the following data for each time period.
- Lines Ordered: The total number of line items ordered.
- Lines Filled: The total number of line items shipped.
- Lines Rate: (LinesFill/LinesOrd) * 100
In the example above for 1016 MTD, (6134/6269) *100 = 97.85%
- Units Ordered: The total number of units ordered when the sales order was placed.
- Units Filled: The total number of units shipped.
- Units Rate: (UnitsFill/UnitsOrd) * 100
In the example above for 1016 MTD (26137/41242) * 100 = 63.38%
- Sales Ordered: The total value of the original quantity on the sales order times the net price of each item.
- Sales Filled: The total value of the shipped quantity times the net price of each item.
To see how recent your data is, check the Updated date above the bar chart.
You can customize the results by a number of criteria.
- Go to the Fill Rate MTD Detail view as described in To view details , above.
- You can narrow the data displayed by filtering on any of the following categories: Salesperson, Territory, Branch, Division, Customer, Primary Vendor or Order Writer.
Drop down the Filter list and choose the category, and then in the Selections list, select the check boxes beside the data you want to include.
- Choose the option button beside the data range you want to see:
- MTD: month to date (default)
- Last Month
- YTD: year to date
- Past Year
- Choose how you want to display the bar chart, based on Lines, Units, or Sales.
- Finally, choose which products you want to include in the calculation by product ranking. Either All, A or B ranked products. D ranked products, which are the bottom 1% of your sales orders, X ranked products that haven't sold in the past 12 months, or N ranked products, which are new items added within the past 12 months that do not have a sales history yet.
- Click Search.
The following chart includes orders from a select group of Order Writers, based on MTD, charting Lines, for all A ranked products.