- Navigate to Sales > Pricing > Price Contract.
- Click New.
- When prompted, click Yes to assign the next available contract number, or click No to assign a custom number.
- Type a brief Description of the price contract, usually referring to the customers and/or the vendor covered.
- Choose an Effective Date and Expiration Date, if necessary.
- Type or search for the Vendor to assign the contract to a vendor.
- Select the Special Pricing Contract check box to print a message below contracted products on invoices and sales orders.
- Select the Purchase Contract Only check box to apply the pricing on the contract to Purchase Orders, which allows the option to override the default cost for the duration of the contract.
Note: These contracts do not appear on Rebate Reports. The contracted cost appears only in the pricing box on the purchase order and must be selected to replace the default cost.
- Select the Web Contract check box to limit a customer's eCommerce purchases to a specific list of products.
Note: The Web Contract option is applicable only with eCommerce. Additional configuration is required: See Limit web purchases using contracts.
- Type a new contract number for the Vendor Contract No under Future, and choose an Effective Date to copy the vendor contract details with changes to a future month.
Note: The future pricing is applied to every month after the Effective Date.
- Do either of the following:
- Select the All Customers check box to assign the price contract to all customers.
- To add specific customers, deselect the All Customers check box, then add customers by:
- Select the Customer tab.
- Click Add Customer.
- Type or search for the customer in the Customer table.
- Select the All Ship Tos check box to assign the contract to all ship to addresses associated with this customer, or deselect the All Ship Tos check box to select individual ship to address.
- Repeat steps for each customer you want to add to the contract.
- Category: Categories are required to group customers. Assign a group of customers to the same price contract by assigning the Category. Click the Category tab, then select the check boxes for each customer Category to add to the contract.
- Source Codes: Sources are an optional way to categorize customers, typically for mailing and reporting. Assign price contracts to a Source, and all customers belonging to the Source are assigned. Click the Source Codes tab, then select the check boxes for the sources to add to the contract.
- Click Save.
- Configure product contract pricing .