The General Ledger Inquiry screen allows you to view General Ledger account totals, postings, and individual transactions. You can also use this screen to print, email, or export G/L inquiries and financial reports.
- Navigate to Accounting > General Ledger > G/L Inquiry.
- Type the Calendar Period in MMYY format. The system will translate it to your fiscal period if it is different.
- To retrieve a list of all accounts and period end balances, click the Search button .
- To expand content, click the + to the left of the line. Several levels of detail are available (monthly, daily and individual transaction).
- To export content to Excel, right click anywhere in the active screen, and choose Export To Excel.
- To create a Trial Balance Report, click the Trial Balance button. This report provides a baseline net income or loss based on the separation of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Use the baseline figure to validate your financial reports (as discussed below).