When you receive stock on purchase orders, you may add third party freight charges to factor the freight cost into the C3 Landed Cost of the products.
This cost will be reflected in the cost only if your system is set to update the landed cost before the A/P invoice is received. You can check this setting in your Company Master: Pricing/Costing tab > Update Landed Cost in P/O Receipts w/o A/P Invoice. If this option is "N." then the C3 Landed Cost will not update to reflect the Third Party Freight until the A/P Invoice for the receiving is entered.
Third Party Freight is the only part of the receiving that can be changed after it is invoiced to Accounts Payable. You may enter third Party Freight only if there is a quantity received. If no quantity is received, the system will warn you that the freight amount entered will be cleared upon saving.
To add Third Party Freight
- Receive products using stock receipts as described in Log stock receipts against purchase orders.
- Click the Third Party Freight tab.
- On the Third Party Freight panel, click the Add Third Party Freight button. A new row is added to the table.
- Type a description for the freight charge in the Description column, and then press the Tab key. Your system initials and the current date will be entered into the corresponding columns to the right. These fields cannot be changed.
- In the Amount column, type the dollar amount of the freight charge, and then press the Tab key. Another new row appears below for you to enter any additional third party freight charges. If you need to remove a charge, click X at the end of row.
- When you have entered all of the necessary charges, click Save.