You can configure Inform to require customers to login to access any of the shopping areas of your eCommerce site. Prior to login, customers will see only the My Account, About Us, and Contact Us tabs. After they log in, customers will see all products available on the site.
You must require a login if you want to use Web Contracts, which limit customers' online orders to a specific list of products. If you are requiring login for Web Contracts, you must also Enable Web Contracts in Inform
- Go to File > Company > Inform eCommerce.
- On the left side navigation bar, click Options.
- Click the Edit button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Require LoginRedirects all trafffic from the Home Page to the My Accoount login page. It requires that a customer login before browing your products. check box. All users now must log in to your website to view products.
- To show products, but no pricing before login, select the Hide Pricing Before LoginRemoves default pricing from your site. Customers will be able browse products, but will not see pricing until this log in to the site. check box.
- To prevent users from searching your site, select the Hide Search BoxRemoves the Product Search box from the top of the site. Instead of searching for products, customers must browse based on Web Categories or using their Customer Order Pad. Note that products set as "Web Published" in the Product Master will appear in search results even if they are not assigned to a Web Category. Hiding the product search box may help prevent your customers from finding products that you did not intend to carry on your site. check box.
- Click Save.