You can limit customer's online orders to a specific list of products using Web Contracts. When you enable Web Contracts, Inform ERP automatically creates a list that includes all items these customers are permitted to order and then loads this list into their Shopping Cart. Customers can remove items and adjust quantities in the Shopping Cart as needed.
- Go to File> Company> Master.
- Click the Sales tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Definition column header to sort the option list, and then scroll to the option Use Web Contracts.
- In the Value box, type Y. Inform ERP now enables the Web Contract check box in the Price Contract screen.
- Click Save.
- Now enable Web Contracts: Go to Sales > Pricing > Price Contract.
- In the Contract box, type or search for the contract whose shoppers you want limit.
- Select the Web Contract check box. The eCommerce shopping restriction will apply to all customers assigned to this contract. You may not impose the Web Contract limitation to contracts that are assigned to "All Customers."
- For example,
- If Customer A is assigned to Contract 10, and it is marked as a Web Contract, then Customer A can order only items listed on that contract.
- If Customer A is assigned to Contract 20, but that is not marked as a Web Contract, then Customer A cannot order items on Contract 20.
- If, however, Contract 20 is marked as a Web Contract, then Customer A can order items on Contract 10 and Contract 20.
- If Customer B is not assigned to any contracts that are marked as Web Contracts, then Customer B can order any web published product that is on the eCommerce website.
- Once Customer B is assigned to a Web Contract, this customer is restricted to only Web Contract items.
- Click Save .
Note: When you are marking a Price Contract as a Web Contract, be sure that this restriction should apply to all of the customers that are assigned to the contract. If you only want the restriction to apply to certain customers on the contract, create a new contract to separate those customer who should not be affected.