The first step to setting up customer eCommerce accounts is to configure global customer options. Note that only customers with a Status of Active in the Inform Customer Master may place orders.
- Run Inform and go to File > Customer > Master.
- Choose your customer, and then on the Setup page, click the Web Options tab.
- Click Edit.
- To allow this customer to qualify for free shipping on eCommerce orders, set a minimum order amount in the Web Free Freight Order MinimumSet a minimum dollar amount in this field to allow the customer to qualify for free shipping on e-Commerce orders. When the customer adds items to the Shopping Cart, a message will display in the top right of the page (in red) indicating whether the order qualifies for shipping, and if not the outstanding dollar amount that must be met for the order to qualify. The Sales Order Special Instructions box in Inform displays a message for orders that qualify for free freight. box.
- Select from the following options. Note that some of these may be protected by Access LevelsRestrictions imposed on features and options for security or workflow purposes. If access restrictions are imposed, a prompt indicating the required access level appears. To override the restriction, have a higher level user enter a password.
- Enable Options and Accessories Dialog: Displays options and accessories in a popup when the customer adds relevant products to the Shopping Cart from the Product page. The customer can then select the options and accessories to add to the order or bypass this screen. Any items with the Auto Add to S/O option enabled in the Product Master will be selected automatically in the popup; however, the customer can clear them as desired.
- Allows Generation of Quote from Shopping Cart: Displays a "This is a Price Quote box" on the Shopping Cart page in eCommerce. This option allows customers to save Shopping Cart items to a Price Quote. Customer contacts can convert orders to quotes only if they are set up as authorized buyers and have permission to approve pending sales orders.
- Allows Generation of Sales Order from Quote: Displays a "Convert to Sales Order" button at the bottom of the Quote Details page. Allows users to convert Price Quotes to sales orders. Contacts must be set up with the appropriate Access Level ("Price Quote") to convert quotes or change quantities and prices when converting a quote.
A Price Quote may be converted to a sales order as long as it has not expired. Expiration dates for quotes display on the Price Quotes page.
- Show Non-Published Products in Order Pad: Displays unpublished items on the eCommerce Order Pad. These items will not be available via the Browse or Search features.
- Hide Price in Quick OrderHides pricing information from the Quick Order screens.
This option does not apply to eCommerce.
- Click Save.