When an anonymous browser creates an account on your eCommerce site, a point-of-sale customer account is created for the user in Inform. Some information, such as company name, billing address, default Ship-To address, username, and password is provided by the user when they create their account.
You configure defaults for the remaining required information. These defaults will be applied to all new B2C customers; you can later update each individual customer later as required.
- Go to File>Customer>Master.
- Right-click the Customer box, and then click B2C/API Customer Template.
- On the Setup>Main page, from the Status list, choose Point of Sale.
- On the Setup>General page:
- Branch: The B2C branch name provided to you by DDI.
- Salesman: The sales person of your choice.
- Category: Typically the same category as B2B pricing.
- On the Setup>Credit page, enter a Credit Limit. Use any amount, as Inform ignores this value for POS customers; however, a value is required.
- You may set any other defaults you choose. When you have finished, click Save.